[reportlab-users] Error with reportlab in Odoo 12 community edition

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sun Sep 29 08:28:10 EDT 2019

I know nothing about Odoo.  Does it require reportlab to be installed, or
does it bundle it?

If you install reportlab normally with 'python setup.py install' or 'pip
install', it will compile a C extension called _renderPM, used for bitmap
graphics and charts.   However this requires various libraries to be on the
system for the compilation to succeed.  It may be worth trying to install
reportlab in a fresh virtual environment, and watching for compiler errors
as it runs...

Hope this helps,

Andy Robinson

On Sun, 29 Sep 2019 at 02:35, Jorge Hugo Jaramillo Zapata <
hjarami at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>

> I get the error:
>
> File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/reportlab/graphics/renderPM.py", line
> 28, in <module>
> from reportlab.graphics import _renderPM
> ImportError: name '_renderPM' cannot be imported
>
> when I try to use an ERP Odoo 12 community edition module
>

> I've tried to fix it by reinstalling development tools and reportlab, but
> I'm still getting the same error.
>

> I've odoo 12 community edition installed on a Linux Mint 19.2
>

> What do I need to do to solve this issue?
>

> Thanks for the support
>

> Best regards,
>
> *Hugo Jaramillo*

Andy Robinson