[reportlab-users] Is it possible to insert mailto address in paragraphs

Alain Aupeix alain.aupeix at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 7 04:58:02 EST 2016

Le 07/11/2016 à 10:12, Andy Robinson a écrit :
> On 7 November 2016 at 08:48, Alain Aupeix <alain.aupeix at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>> cline="Pièce jointe (cliquable): "+'<link
>> href="file://'+filename+'">'+filename+"</link>"
>> Is-it a bug of reportlab, evince or a system feature ?
>> Is there another way to do it ?
> Hi Alain,
>
> My first reaction is that we just implement the PDF specification, and
> how PDF viewers behave is beyond our control.
I understand ...
>   Have you tried this in any other PDF viewers on other platforms?
I also tried with Acrobat Reader for Linux, no error here, but it
doesn't open the attachment.
No try under Windows, as my tool is dedicated to Linux, and I have no
more Windows.
>     Also, what happens when
> you make a tiny HTML page with these styles of links and click them?
> Does file://filename.ext work without a full path?
Yes, and I must say that filename variable in my code embedded file
extension.

I have tried another thing : open it with LibreOffice Draw, and I have
created a document link, it works, but the tooltip when opening show a
complete path. When I move the pdf and the attachment in another path,
it doesn't work anymore an I have the error.

So, I think it's not possible to just indicate the filename.

Thanks
A+
Alain Aupeix
http://jujuland.pagesperso-orange.fr/