[reportlab-users] Is it possible to insert mailto address in paragraphs

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Nov 7 04:12:45 EST 2016

On 7 November 2016 at 08:48, Alain Aupeix <alain.aupeix at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> cline="Pièce jointe (cliquable): "+'<link
> href="file://'+filename+'">'+filename+"</link>"
> Is-it a bug of reportlab, evince or a system feature ?
> Is there another way to do it ?

Hi Alain,

My first reaction is that we just implement the PDF specification, and
how PDF viewers behave is beyond our control. Have you tried this in
any other PDF viewers on other platforms?   Also, what happens when
you make a tiny HTML page with these styles of links and click them?
Does file://filename.ext work without a full path?

- Andy