[reportlab-users] Chinese Custom Glyphs

Daniel Casper dancasper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:59:57 EDT 2015

Andy,

What you describe sounds similar to, but quite exactly what I'm up
against.  The users of our software are often using it as a legacy bridge
to babysit aging mainframe systems.  These older systems are using
codepages that don't have characters assigned to all of the code points on
some newer systems, so they're using the Private Character Editor to
introduce those glyphs into the fonts on their systems for those
codepoints.  I'd guess that there are unicode codepoints for these glyphs,
but because the mainframes they're using aren't unicode enabled they don't
have the ability to correct the upstream system they depend on us to help
them work around the issue after the data has been transmitted as a print
stream to our software running on a newer platform.

Anyway, I appreciate the interest, and I'm in the process of testing the
suggested work around that Robin sent over.  I'll report back here based on
what I find.

Thanks,
--Dan