[reportlab-users] Umlaut Bug with Adobe Reader and Arial

Volker Haas volker.haas at brainbot.com
Fri May 23 09:01:38 EDT 2014

I just realized that the ttfAsciiReadable=0 trick does only work in the
minimal example script I posted. If I use it in our rendering stack the
fix does not work (I am confident that I am actually changing the
configuration since the PDF files are significantly smaller after
setting ttfAsciiReadable=0).

Therefore my question is: if you think this is a bug in reportlab, do
you plan on fixing it?

Best Regards,
Volker

--