[reportlab-users] ReportLab 3.x packaging and deployment

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Jan 13 15:26:14 EST 2014

>> Wouldn't your time be better spent making wheels instead of exes or msis?

We're all completely new to wheels. I frequently run pip over
requirements files for a couple of dozen substantial web apps on Mac
OS and Linux, and have never noticed wheels rolling past or anything
with that extension, although I can't claim to have looked.

Dumb questions, but will all the pips and easy_installs out there in
the wild know what to do with a wheel? Do they actually remove the
need for us to ship .msi or .exe, today?

- Andy