[reportlab-users] ReportLab 3.0 released

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Feb 14 10:13:07 EST 2014

I am happy to announce the release of ReportLab 3.0.

This is an extensive internal rewrite which runs under Python 2.7 and
Python 3.3+. However, we believe we have preserved the API, so that
applications should not need changing.

Packages are available on http://pypi.python.org/ in all popular
formats: source, Windows .exe and .msi and wheel. Take your pick
from the usual installation methods...

pip install reportlab
easy_install reportlab
python setup.py install

More details are available on our web page:
https://www.reportlab.com/software/documentation/relnotes/30/

We normally release our commercial package, rlextra, at the same time.
On this occasion we will be waiting a few more weeks; a preview
release of rlextra is available to clients on request. We are likely
to ship a combined release of reportlab + rlextra 3.1 when it is
better tested. We aim to make it far easier than before to install
and try out the commercial package.

Many thanks to Robin Becker who has done the vast majority of the work
alone on this extremely complex port.

Best Regards

--
Andy Robinson