[reportlab-users] ReportLab 3.0 alpha 1 available - Python 2.7 & 3.3 support

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 4 17:11:09 EST 2014

Hi everybody,

At long last, our first pre-release version of ReportLab 3.0 is out.
This runs on Python 2.7, 3.3 and 3.4; hopefully, very little else has
changed. Alpha and beta builds will be in our private pypi
repository:

https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/

Currently we seem to be passing 100% of our (expanded) test suite with
the source versions, and with Windows installers (exe, msi and
wheels). We would be most grateful if people could test by installing
in in a variety of environments. The easiest way is to set up a
virtual environment and then run...

pip install pillow
pip install -i https://www.reportlab.com/pypi/ reportlab==3.0a1

You can then unzip a source copy, cd into 'tests/', and execute
'python runAll.py' with your installed reportlab. We also welcome
tests where you swap out your existing reportlab for this one and see
if applications run normally.

At this stage our focus is on the packaging and 'installability'. If
all goes well and there are few/no bugs found, we will declare beta in
a few days, then go to 3.0 once we have updated the documentation and
download pages. Please report bugs on our users list.

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
Managing Director