[reportlab-users] load Image() from embedded python

Michael Hipp michael at redmule.com
Sat Feb 1 12:27:39 EST 2014

Thanks Andy.

It does indeed work. For anyone else that might try this, here's what I did...

Use bin2py to convert the jpg image file to python:
https://github.com/MarioVilas/shellcode_tools/blob/master/bin2py.py

> bin2py logo.jpg -o logo.py

Then put in the program something like this:

import logo
import StringIO
from reportlab.platypus import Image

img = Image(StringIO(logo.logo), width=48, height=48)

Works swimmingly and now I don't have to package the logo.jpg file as a data
file with the program.

Note that I was not able to get ReportLab Image() to work with the output from
wxPython's img2py utility as I had originally intended, hence the use of bin2py.

Michael