[reportlab-users] build _renderPM extension

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Jun 19 09:01:52 EDT 2013

Some of us are working on Mountain Lion and we use Homebrew to get
these packages. If you have it you should be able to run...

brew install freetype --universal

...and build renderPM afterwards.

Hope this helps,

Andy Robinson
ReportLab

On 19 June 2013 12:39, Joancarles Casasín <joanca at casasin.com> wrote:

> Hi you all,

> I'm trying to build _renderPM extension. I upgraded to 2.7 version and I was still getting error.

> I did cd /src/rl_addons/renderPM and python setup.py install

> Running test_renderPM.py gives this traceback:

> ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/_renderPM.so, 2): Symbol not found: _FT_Done_Face

> Referenced from: /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/_renderPM.so

> Expected in: flat namespace

> in /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/_renderPM.so

> reportlab/tests/runAll.py only gives 'Failed to import renderPM' error.

> I'm using Mac OSX Mountain Lion.

> Thanks for your help,

> jca

> Joancarles Casasín

> un senyor de lletres i de ciències que passava per aquí

> www.casasin.com

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420