[reportlab-users] Report generation time is not optimized - ideas?

J. R. Carroll jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net
Thu Jan 3 09:54:39 EST 2013

Hi Andy,

In quick reply, just to cap off this thread in case someone else comes
along, I was able to do *import _rl_accel*. This is the resulting output
of dir():

>>> for i in dir(_rl_accel):

> ... print i

> Box

> BoxList

> Glue

> Penalty

> _AsciiBase85Decode

> _AsciiBase85Encode

> __doc__

> __file__

> __name__

> __package__

> _instanceEscapePDF

> _instanceStringWidthTTF

> _instanceStringWidthU

> _reset

> _sameFrag

> add32

> add32L

> calcChecksum

> calcChecksumL

> error

> escapePDF

> fp_str

> hex32

> unicode2T1

> version

I suspect everything is compiled correctly since I am getting this list.

Thanks for that diagnostic tool!

As an aside - am I correct in thinking that just having rl_accel available
is enough to make use of it's benefits? I do not have to implicitly
call/use it in my own scripts?

-J

----

J. R. Carroll
Independent Researcher through Hurtz Labs
Research Methods, Test Development, and Statistics
www.jrcresearch.net
www.ontvp.com
Cell: (650) 776-6613
Email: jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net