[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Dec 4 06:30:30 EST 2013

Andy Robinson:

> I think the right way to do this is to have some locations we search

> for configuration options and let people do this...

> #RL_PARAGRAPH_CLASS = 'reportlab.platypus.paragraph' #overridden

> RL_PARAGRAPH_CLASS = 'dinu.alterparagraph.SuperParagraph'

> Is that better?

Certainly better than nothing. I don't have the time to distill my own needs from former times into a proposal now, but I'm pretty happy with the way Sphinx integrates extensions. But then, Sphinx also has a seperate (user) config file. Maybe that would be a path to think about... From my reportlab usage in the past I can just say that fiddling with reportlab.rl_config.py was mostly not the nicest aspect of using the package.

Regards,

Dinu