[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Dec 4 06:37:12 EST 2013

Exactly. The modern way is to look in various places (e.g.
.rl_config in your home directory, or even in Django settings if you
are inside a Django project), and have that be the final place we
look. There are probably only half a dozen settings people might want
to work with.

I am learning more about Sphinx but still don't know my way around it.

- Andy

On 4 December 2013 11:30, Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Andy Robinson:

>> I think the right way to do this is to have some locations we search

>> for configuration options and let people do this...

>> #RL_PARAGRAPH_CLASS = 'reportlab.platypus.paragraph' #overridden

>> RL_PARAGRAPH_CLASS = 'dinu.alterparagraph.SuperParagraph'

>> Is that better?

> Certainly better than nothing. I don't have the time to distill my own needs from former times into a proposal now, but I'm pretty happy with the way Sphinx integrates extensions. But then, Sphinx also has a seperate (user) config file. Maybe that would be a path to think about... From my reportlab usage in the past I can just say that fiddling with reportlab.rl_config.py was mostly not the nicest aspect of using the package.

> Regards,

> Dinu

Andy Robinson
Managing Director
ReportLab Europe Ltd.
Thornton House, Thornton Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4NG, UK
Tel +44-20-8405-6420