[reportlab-users] Python 3.x progress

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Dec 4 06:15:47 EST 2013

On 4 December 2013 11:08, Dinu Gherman <gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> For a tool like Pythonpoint that would be ok. For other things like custom paragraph classes or the like, maybe that's not sufficient. I'm reminding people of my pretty dusted experiments with alternative paragraphs:

> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/alterparagraphs

Good point.

The next release has to offer the maximum reasonable compability, as
Guido decreed this long ago, and it will ease things as people
migrate.

I think the right way to do this is to have some locations we search
for configuration options and let people do this...

#RL_PARAGRAPH_CLASS = 'reportlab.platypus.paragraph' #overridden
RL_PARAGRAPH_CLASS = 'dinu.alterparagraph.SuperParagraph'

Is that better?