[reportlab-users] PDF created in ReportLab looks awesome in Foxit, awful in Adobe

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:30:28 EDT 2012

The problem may be that I'm registering and using Consolas (a TrueType font
bundled with Windows) rather than one of the built-in fonts; I need a
monospaced font that retains readability at 8 points or so, and Courier
just isn't cutting it.

I'm attaching a sample PDF, which looks great when opened in Foxit Reader
5.3 but is barely legible (broken and overlapping letters) when opened in
Adobe Reader X.

I haven't done much experimentation yet; I just wanted to ask first whether
this is a common / known issue?