[reportlab-users] Issues related to setting parameters of graphs, lines, and rectangles, and they are not printing correctly

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Fri Dec 7 15:08:00 EST 2012

J. R. Carroll wrote:

> If anyone is interested in seeing the output and has access to several

> printers (particular the business grayscale printers you are likely to

> find in a corporation - i.e. Cannon and HP "monsters") download my

> script, and open the resulting PDF (or I can email you the contents of

> the script in case you don't feel comfortable downloading something

> from my personal website). Either way, I hope someone can make use of

> this solution - I know my desk is happy that I'm not pounding my

> bloody forehead into it anymore!

> Script is available for download from:

> http://www.jrcresearch.net/downloads/scripts.zip

I thought you would be amused to know that your grid PDF is helping me
choose a printer. My faithful Dell 3100cn died yesterday, so I need a
replacement. We have a new Brother MFC-9970CDW at work that I like, so
I ran your grid through it. Even at the 2400 dpi setting, the lines in
your grid are dithered at what appears to be an unacceptable 150 dpi.
The dither pattern is so obviously visible under a magnifying glass that
it looks like an embroidered cross-stitch.

BTW, the others in my office think I'm too picky. They may be right.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.