[reportlab-users] Issues related to setting parameters of graphs, lines, and rectangles, and they are not printing correctly

J. R. Carroll jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net
Fri Dec 7 15:55:37 EST 2012

ha!

Too picky? Never! Obsessed with perfection? Perhaps =P

And I'm glad that something I've done is helping you, I know it's saving us
a lot of time.

Even at the 2400 dpi setting, the lines in

> your grid are dithered at what appears to be an unacceptable 150 dpi.

> The dither pattern is so obviously visible under a magnifying glass that

> it looks like an embroidered cross-stitch.

Interesting... I'm not 'jive' to all the printing terms - as of yet - but
I assume by "dither" you mean the color mixture chosen by the printer to
represent the different colors produced by reportlab. If so, out of
curiosity, are you getting the anti-aliasing issue I was having when you
print the same chart in grayscale/monochrome? I'd love to hear if this is
just me experiencing these issues and if the PDF grid document is a
decent/reliable litmus test for at least some qualities of the output of a
printer (it'll help me decide if I should push to have something like this
included in our source code for debugging/troubleshooting purposes).

Thanks again for the FYI.

-J

----

J. R. Carroll
Independent Researcher through Hurtz Labs
Research Methods, Test Development, and Statistics
www.jrcresearch.net
Cell: (650) 776-6613
Email: jrcarroll at jrcresearch.net
jrcarroll at hurtzlab.com