[reportlab-users] Can't get reportlab to work

Brian Kessler kessler.bm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 20:33:50 EDT 2010

Dear All,

I am currently attempting to work through a tutorial on Django which brought
ReportLab to my attention.

Unfortunately, I am having a problem getting it to work.

If I go to C:\devtool\Python26\Lib\site-packages\rlextra and try:

testall.py

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\devtool\Python26\Lib\site-packages\rlextra\testall.py", line 136,
in <module>
unittest.TextTestRunner().run(makeSuite())
File "C:\devtool\Python26\Lib\site-packages\rlextra\testall.py", line 68,
in makeSuite
import rlextra.test.test_layout
ImportError: No module named rlextra.test.test_layout

... And (more critically) when I am in manage.py shell, after:

>>> import reportlab

I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named reportlab

My stack includes:

Windows XP SP3
Python 2.6.5
Django (svn revision 13448)
PIL-1.1.7
Pmw-1.3.2
Psycopg2-2.0.14
Pywin32-214
Reportlab-2.4
Rlextra-2.4
Apache 2.2
Mod_wsgi-3.3

Any idea what I am doing wrong or how to fix it?

Best regards,

-Brian.