[reportlab-users] Can't get reportlab to work

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Jul 29 05:09:40 EDT 2010

Hi Brian,

perhaps you can say how you installed reportlab/rlextra and then maybe we'd have
a better idea what the problem is. Form the path in your message it appears as
though you have python2.6 installed, but perhaps there's more than one when you
just run testall.py it runs the python that's associated with the .py extension.

Can you confirm that you have only one python and that it's installed at
c:\devtool\Python26?

Are there files called

C:\devtool\Python26\Lib\site-packages\rlextra\test\test_layout.py
C:\devtool\Python26\Lib\site-packages\rlextra\test\__init__.py
C:\devtool\Python26\Lib\site-packages\reportlab\__init__.py

What happens when you try executing

C:\devtool\Python26\python.exe -c"import sys;print sys.path"