[reportlab-users] PDFs generated by ReportLab not printing

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed May 27 08:19:38 EDT 2009

> Thanks a lot for testing that. It's beginning to sound like it might be

> an issue with the printer driver itself. Does that sound realistic? (I

> can reproduce the problem using the Windows driver for an HP Color

> LaserJet 8500 PS).

> I would love to understand why this is happening, but since it is

> looking less and less like a problem with Reportlab, I'll stop bothering

> everyone here. If I ever find out exactly what was going on, I'll post

> here again.

> Thanks to everyone for all your help,

> Simon

One thing you might try is to trip the RL pdf through postscript. We do this
sometimes to see if the problem is caused by our code. Typically we do it by
export to postscript from acrobat reader followed by convert to pdf with
distiller. If your printer can do it print the postscript and the final pdf. If
those are successful they may give information about what's wrong with the RL
version.