[reportlab-users] Automatic testing PDF output

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri May 22 10:18:14 EDT 2009

On Friday 22 May 2009, Dinu Gherman wrote:

> 'm actually very curious how much "fun" the z3c folks are hav-

> ing with these? So far at least I haven't seen Stefan Richter

> complaining yet. Perhaps we can solve them with a Google "Sum-

> mer of Code" in typography for ReportLab?

Honestly, I have not used z3c.rml for a long time, so I have not run the tests
against the latest RL recently. I would certainly be in a world of pain
changing the expected output PDF files. Especially since the point of the
expected PDF files is to visually verify their correctness.

That said, the PDF comparison test was invaluable while developing z3c.rml. I
found several bugs because of them, comparing output between some of
reportlabs RML examples and z3c.rml.

Regards,
Stephan
--