[reportlab-users] drawToFile and drawToString docstrings

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Jan 30 10:28:54 EST 2009

2009/1/30 Peter <peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:

> Hi,

> This is suggestion for how to improve a couple of the docstrings for

> the render back ends,

Thanks. We've noted these, but I won't guarantee to fix them for the
2.3 release
next week. In general ALL our docstrings need an overhaul by a good writer
who knows the code, but since we derive no revenue from our open source
activities and are perennially busy, we don't do as much documentation
as we should.

If you are willing to submit actual new paragraphs as replacements,
or patches, we will definitely review them and put them in quickly. We're
also happy to grant commit rights to anyone willing to work on the docs -
just email me to ask.

Instead of working through the docstrings, we are planning to put our
'community time' over the next couple of months into a
web based mechanism to solicit better docs and comments. I'll let people
know when this is ready, but it will be a few weeks.

- Andy