[reportlab-users] Am I allowed to copy and distribute fonts and images from the RL test suite with wordaxe?

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Sun Feb 15 14:25:28 EST 2009

Henning von Bargen wrote:

> For the wordaxe hyphenation library

> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/deco-cow/),

> I have slightly modified some test scripts from the ReportLab test suite

> in order to see

> if these also run with hyphenation enabled or with wordaxe's Paragraph

> class from

> wordaxe/rl/NewParagraph.py instead of the original

> reportlab/platypus/Paragraph.py.

> Some of these tests reference fonts or images that are no longer part of

> the ReportLab

> distribution. This causes the tests to fail.See

> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2599961&group_id=105867&atid=642478

> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2599892&group_id=105867&atid=642478

I'm not sure; these fonts are certainly still in older revsions of the
repository. They were originally contributed to ReportLab by Just van
Rossum so perhaps he's the best person to ask. On the other hand is it
not possible to substitute the latest fonts which we substituted (ie
DarkGarden)? I believe these were added specifically to assist onward
distribution at the request of various package maintainers.