[reportlab-users] Am I allowed to copy and distribute fonts and images from the RL test suite with wordaxe?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Feb 17 02:22:22 EST 2009

2009/2/15 Henning von Bargen <henning.vonbargen at arcor.de>

> Am I allowed to copy the missing resource files for the LeERC___ font and

> redsquare.png

> (and possibly others that were part of the ReportlLab test suite) and

> distribute them with

> wordaxe?

We removed the font because it is not GPL; JvR did NOT give people
permission to further modify his font, which is a freedom the Ubuntu
folks wanted to include us in their packages. We wanted a font which
was very obviously "not Helvetica", so we switched to DarkGarden which
fills the same needs for us.

Just van Rossum explicitly gave permission for these to be included
for testing purposes. If you already wrote a lot of tests based on
the metrics of LettError, am sure he won't mind if you keep it there,
but you should note in your credits that it is his copyright.

I don't know what 'redsquare.png' was (I'm mostly offline this week)
but am willing to bet it was a red square PNG we created, so I hereby
permit you to redistribute this :-)

- Andy