[reportlab-users] Saving annotations with Platypus

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Feb 11 05:54:27 EST 2009

Chris Foster wrote:

> Thank you.

> Your test code works fine and I re-implemented my DocTemplate subclass

> to closely match the test code and it is now working. I can see the

> results with the Mac Preview application BTW. However, I'm still

> missing something subtle. I had to explicitly save the canvas. It

> looks like this should have happened by default in _endBuild()?

Certainly if you are calling all the standard methods eg build/multiBuild then
_endBuild gets called and providing you don't mess with _doSave the canvas gets
saved. Since you've got your own class perhaps you've missed out a call to
something.

Without seeing your class it's pretty hard to figure out what's going wrong.