[reportlab-users] Announcing ReportLab snippets

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Dec 4 11:34:36 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

We have now gone into 'public beta' with a code snippets feature.
This will be something like djangosnippets.com, but with a facility to
add pictures, as what we do is highly visual.

The first few snippets are here:
http://www.reportlab.com/snippets/

If you've written some code to show off a neat feature, please
register and contribute a snippet. We'll help review them as quickly
as we can, to make sure they follow best practices. Once in place,
their URLs will be permanent.

Despite calling it 'beta', we do not intend to lose your content!
Everything is being backed up, but we will be tuning things behind the
scenes and listening to feedback. Once we have a decent number of
snippets we'll add a few more things - tagging, ratings, comments,
search tool and so on.

In December we'll be preparng for our 2.4 release, and our aim is to
create a good snippet ourselves for each new feature added in 2009.

We eagerly await your contributions!

Best Regards,
--
Andy Robinson