[reportlab-users] Wrong kind of slash in doc string cause error in tests-preinstall

Bill Freeman bfreeman at appropriatesolutions.com
Mon Apr 20 09:40:24 EDT 2009

Andy Robinson wrote:

> 2009/4/15 Bill Freeman <bfreeman at appropriatesolutions.com>:

>> This gets one error, which I eventually tracked down to:

>> <simple_tag\>

>> If I change to a forward slash:

>> <simple_tag/>

> Thanks for this! I have fixed the docstring. I guess

> we missed this as most of us have a better C-based parser

> (pyRXP) installed, and rparsexml is only used as a fallback.

Hmmm. I wonder if failure to complain about reverse solidus not part of
a quoted attribute value is really an improvement. I guess fast and
strict will often be at odds with on another.

By the way, I've collected a few documentation nits over the weekend.
Should I just post diffs here, or is there a more appropriate submission
mechanism?

Bill