[reportlab-users] Wrong kind of slash in doc string cause error in tests-preinstall

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Apr 17 10:30:35 EDT 2009

2009/4/15 Bill Freeman <bfreeman at appropriatesolutions.com>:

> This gets one error, which I eventually tracked down to:

>   <simple_tag\>

> If I change to a forward slash:

>   <simple_tag/>

Thanks for this! I have fixed the docstring. I guess
we missed this as most of us have a better C-based parser
(pyRXP) installed, and rparsexml is only used as a fallback.

There are various optional C extensions and the renderPM
message is correctly saying that you don't have that
extension installed yet, so certain tests are not worth running.
This is normal for a preinstall test. If during the full install that
extension gets compiled, then
a 'postinstall' test would import it and generate some
bitmap charts without complaining/

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson