[reportlab-users] Figure numbering still broken. Does anyone else see this problem?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Mon Sep 15 18:59:33 EDT 2008

2008/9/15 Larry Meyn <larry.meyn at nasa.gov>:

> The class Figure in platypus.figures seems to be using the last chapter of

> the document. For example, in the ReportLab Userguide.pdf, all the figures

> are numbered A.x, regardless of what the actual chapter number is.

> I've fixed this in my copy of platypus.figures by adding

> "self._getCaptionPara()" to the end of the __init__ function in the class

> Figures. I don't know if this has drawbacks anywhere else, but it seems to

> fix the problem.

I took a look now. It seems the paragraph text in the captions (with
the sequencing operations) is somehow getting evaluated later (for
all figures) than the instructions to bump the chapter number up.

I can't see any harm in your fix so have just committed this -
although I haven't fully understood why the problem is happening.

--
Andy