[reportlab-users] Bar chart with configurable date axis

Stevens, Ian IStevens at globeandmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:41:10 EDT 2008

I have a bar chart which colors bars for negative values red and bars
for positive values green. Essentially following
http://two.pairlist.net/pipermail/reportlab-users/2002-July/000133.html
but with other values as None, not zero, as zero-length bars were being
drawn and overlapping the one data bar.

Each category now represents a date and I have populated categoryNames
to reflect that. I want dates to appear for only January, which I've
done. However, the ticks still appear for the other date categories. Is
there any way to control tick display for unnamed categories or, better
yet, is there a better way to create a bar chart with a configurable
date axis?

thanks,
Ian.