[reportlab-users] Figure numbering still broken. Does anyone else see this problem?

Larry Meyn larry.meyn at nasa.gov
Mon Sep 15 17:08:04 EDT 2008

I've mentioned a few times that figure numbering in captions was broken.

No one has ever responded. Does any else see this problem?

The class Figure in platypus.figures seems to be using the last chapter of
the document. For example, in the ReportLab Userguide.pdf, all the figures
are numbered A.x, regardless of what the actual chapter number is.

I've fixed this in my copy of platypus.figures by adding
"self._getCaptionPara()" to the end of the __init__ function in the class
Figures. I don't know if this has drawbacks anywhere else, but it seems to
fix the problem.

Larry Meyn