[reportlab-users] ANN: wordaxe-0.2.6 released

Dirk Holtwick dirk.holtwick at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:28:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I didn't have a closer look to the source codes but what I would like
most (if it makes sense) is to have the possibility to add something
like HTML "­" or Unicode U+00AD into the text informations:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_hyphen#Hyphens_in_computing>

If this could be implemented in the paragraph rendering machine the
hyphenation could be done outside of Reportlab.

In my concrete case regarding Pisa <http://www.htmltopdf.org> I do not
use the Paragraph parser. Instead Pisa directly creates the so called
"Fragments". To these fragments I would like to be able to add something
like u"beauti\u00adful".

Andy, do you think this would be possible and make sense?

Dirk

Andy Robinson schrieb:

> 2008/9/16 Roberto Alsina <ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar>:

>>> * This new release now supports pyhyphen, which is based on the C library

>>> from OpenOffice and works a lot better (at least on my computer) than

>>> pyhnj.