[reportlab-users] 2.2 - Debian-friendly sample text and fonts

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Sep 2 19:56:17 EDT 2008

2008/9/3 <alet at librelogiciel.com>:

> You could also remove the translation and only include the original Greek

> text by Homer. Since when The Poet was alive Disney wasn't there to buy

> stupid laws, chances are that Homer's relatives or his original editor (was

> oral anyway IIRC) won't mind much and probably won't sue you !

Surely by now Disney has persuaded Congress to extend copyright
back in time to anything in the chain of causation which gave rise to
any of their works?

Seriously if the issue is "who will sue ReportLab?", we've always been fine.
You, however, might be exposed to an enraged Dutch typographer with
BDFL backup, if you inadvertently chose to distort some glyphs
of one of his fonts in your homework-inkblot examples ;-)

If the issue is "does it meet Debian's concerns?", frankly we just have
to let Matthias and co. tell us what's needed. As long as I don't have
to personally reason with Richard Stallman...

- Andy