[reportlab-users] 2.2 - distutils versus setuptools

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Tue Sep 2 20:00:47 EDT 2008

We decided today that we'll concentrate our own efforts this week and
next on an initial 2.2 candidate with plain old distutils. The
package rearrangement is pretty much as Dirk suggested, with an
explicit src/ subdirectory, and all demos/tests/docs separate to this.

I have no problem with subsequently making up a setuptools-based
distribution, or adding an alternate "setuptools-setup.py" script in
the package if that's workable. We could probably do this a week or
two later. But we'd have to rely on a few egg-lovers to get that
script right.

- Andy