[reportlab-users] Has PageCompression changed from RL12 to RL22?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Sat Oct 25 14:27:42 EDT 2008

2008/10/25 Paolo G. Cantore <paolo.cantore at t-online.de>:

> Is my observation correct? Was it intended to change PageCompression

> behaviour?

I am not aware of a deliberate reason for the change, but we have
applications serving millions of pages per month to large ecommerce
clients with the latest code, and nobody has reported the problem you
have. We might have optimised it, because PDFs are supposed to be binary
and Acrobat Distiller does one-line output sometimes.
Are you able to send us a cut-down script which produces
a PDF that repeatedly doesn't open in Adobe Reader?

Also, is it possible that something else such as a MIME type when you
attach to the emaill is corrupting the files? They should be labelled
as "application/pdf" not "text/pdf".

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson