[reportlab-users] pyRXP sources and question about potential memory leak?

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Fri Nov 21 08:49:54 EST 2008

2008/11/21 Samuele Kaplun <Samuele.Kaplun at cern.ch>:

> parsed. Could it be that pyRXP has a memory leak or is keeping permanent

> information although these will not be used in the next snippet parsing?

I did find one memory leak a couple of years ago. This was in the
callback to locate and parse a DTD; it only happened when parsing XML
files with a DTD reference at the top, and we fixed it. Have you
tried with the latest SVN code?

If you still see the problem, can you send us a script which shows
the leak (e.g. parse your XML document a few thousand times) and we
will look at it quickly? ... any bugs might bite us one day as well!

Best Regards,

--
Andy Robinson
CEO/Chief Architect