[reportlab-users] pyRXP sources and question about potential memory leak?

Samuele Kaplun Samuele.Kaplun at cern.ch
Fri Nov 21 10:33:00 EST 2008

Dear Andy,

Il Friday 21 November 2008 14:49:54 Andy Robinson ha scritto:

> I did find one memory leak a couple of years ago. This was in the

> callback to locate and parse a DTD; it only happened when parsing XML

> files with a DTD reference at the top, and we fixed it. Have you

> tried with the latest SVN code?

> If you still see the problem, can you send us a script which shows

> the leak (e.g. parse your XML document a few thousand times) and we

> will look at it quickly? ... any bugs might bite us one day as well!

great! It was this!! On our production server we were still using version
pyRXP-1.12 (from 2006-11-04) so you were even perfectly right with your guess
of a couple of years ago! I've tested by removing the DTD line and it doesn't
take a linear amount of time (WRT the number of parsing operation) anymore!!

Thanks a lot!
We definitively need to upgrade our installation...

Best regards,
Sam

Ps infact I wasn't able to reproduce this on my testing machine, since I was
using the latest SVN version...

--
.O.
..O