[reportlab-users] pdf417 barcodes

Andy Robinson andy at reportlab.com
Wed Dec 31 06:11:57 EST 2008

2008/12/31 Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com>:

> As the person who did most of the work/extensions after Ty Sarna contributed

> the original work I can tell you we have not implemented 417. I did look at

> the sf project, but the license is GPL and we could not use it directly as

> our license is more liberal. I know this thing can produce postscript so it

> is potentially usable with a translation layer.

Also, we only have a one-dimensional barcode reader. From ReportLab's
end, we'd be happy to implement this (and DataMatrix too) if a
customer is willing to pay the time costs, which are probably a couple
of man-weeks. Various enterprise customers have enquired in the past
but nobody has committed. Let us know if your employers need this
badly enough ;-)

--
Andy