[reportlab-users] Announce: rst2pdf version 0.3

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Aug 25 22:35:12 EDT 2008

[Apologies if anyone gets essentially identical messages, I'm having
trouble getting this message to appear on the list.]

Roberto Alsina <ralsina at kde.org> writes:

> I have the pleasure of announcing version 0.3 of rst2pdf, a tool to

> go directly from restructured text to PDF, via reportlab.

Thank you for this! I have long suspected that the Reportlab toolkit
was a good way to implement a reST-to-PDF renderer, but never found
the time to implement anything.

> Any comments are appreciated, specially feature requests or bug reports.

I would very much like this functionality to be suitable for inclusion
in the core Docutils distribution. However, looking over the code it
seems there is a fair amount of deviation from the PEP 8 style
guidelines <URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008>, which likely
will harm its chances of inclusion.

I think it would be good to address this and have the code conform to
PEP 8 from this point forward. Would you like me to work on converting
the code base to conform with PEP 8?

--
\ “It's a good thing we have gravity or else when birds died |
`\ they'd just stay right up there. Hunters would be all |