[reportlab-users] Announce: rst2pdf version 0.3

Roberto Alsina ralsina at netmanagers.com.ar
Tue Aug 26 07:52:34 EDT 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 23:35:12 Ben Finney wrote:

> [Apologies if anyone gets essentially identical messages, I'm having

> trouble getting this message to appear on the list.]

> Roberto Alsina <ralsina at kde.org> writes:

> > I have the pleasure of announcing version 0.3 of rst2pdf, a tool to

> > go directly from restructured text to PDF, via reportlab.

> Thank you for this! I have long suspected that the Reportlab toolkit

> was a good way to implement a reST-to-PDF renderer, but never found

> the time to implement anything.

> > Any comments are appreciated, specially feature requests or bug reports.

> I would very much like this functionality to be suitable for inclusion

> in the core Docutils distribution. However, looking over the code it

> seems there is a fair amount of deviation from the PEP 8 style

> guidelines <URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008>, which likely

> will harm its chances of inclusion.

It will hurt much more that it's not a writer written using the visitor
pattern, or that the interface is completely different from all other writers

:-)

> I think it would be good to address this and have the code conform to

> PEP 8 from this point forward. Would you like me to work on converting

> the code base to conform with PEP 8?

Please go ahead, in fact there is a issue in the tracker about it, mail me
privately a googlecode account and I will add you to the project.

--
("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) KDE Developer (MFCH)

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan