[reportlab-users] bulletOffsetY non working?

Harald Armin Massa haraldarminmassa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 05:52:06 EDT 2008

Dinu,

please check your paragraph.py,

def _drawBullet(canvas, offset, cur_y, bulletText, style):
'''draw a bullet text could be a simple string or a frag list'''
tx2 = canvas.beginText(style.bulletIndent,
cur_y+getattr(style,"bulletOffsetY",0))
tx2.setFont(style.bulletFontName, style.bulletFontSize)
tx2.setFillColor(hasattr(style,'bulletColor') and
style.bulletColor or style.textColor)
if isinstance(bulletText,basestring):
tx2.textOut(bulletText)
else:
for f in bulletText:
tx2.setFont(f.fontName, f.fontSize)
tx2.setFillColor(f.textColor)
tx2.textOut(f.text)

should be like this after the patch applied in 2007-07-10, so, maybe
it got dropped somewhere in SVN?

Best wishes

HArald

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Dinu Gherman
<gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hi,

> my attempts to get y-offets of paragraphs working seem not to be

> successful, neither with styles, nor with tags. I also tried the

> attribute synonyms boffsety, bulletoffsety and bulletOffsetY, but

> in vain.

> Can somebody please tell me for what version of ReportLab these

> are expected to work? See the traceback snippet below and the

> attached generator script.

> Thanks,

> Dinu

> $Id: __init__.py 3093 2007-05-24 10:08:18Z rgbecker $

> File

> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab/platypus/paragraph.py",

> line 548, in _setup

> % (_parser.errors[0],text[:min(30,len(text))])

> xml parser error (invalid attribute name bulletOffsetY) in paragraph

> beginning

> '<para firstLineIndent='1cm' le'

GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Straße 49
70435 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
fx 01212-5-13695179
-
EuroPython 2008 will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania - Stay tuned!