[reportlab-users] Left Margin Too Wide

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Mon Oct 29 21:03:50 EDT 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Tim Roberts wrote:

>> Right. If your paper is really 8.5" wide, then that's how you should

>> set page size.

> OK, Tim.

>> If you need exact placement, then you need to put in the buffers

>> yourself.

> Using what? I seem limited by Spacer(); are there more options?

Well, if you are trying to match a pre-printed form, I'm not sure you
want a Platypus document all. You can't afford to let Platypus position
its flowables if you need certain things to be in certain places.

However, if all you need is to keep stuff to the left of the page, you
should be able to do that using a Frame in a PageTemplate.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.