[reportlab-users] Left Margin Too Wide

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 29 20:43:16 EDT 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Tim Roberts wrote:

> Right. If your paper is really 8.5" wide, then that's how you should

> set page size.

OK, Tim.

> If you need exact placement, then you need to put in the buffers yourself.

Using what? I seem limited by Spacer(); are there more options?

> By the way, I don't understand this:

I copied this from one example or another; I've lost track.

> I'm sure this isn't what you meant. Every run through the loop is

> recreating the table and replacing the value of "e". When the loop exits,

> all you have is the results of the last iteration. I suspect you meant

> this:

> e = getTable()

> for style in tStyles:

> e.setStyle(style)

> story.append(e)

I'm sure you're correct. I probably mixed up two separate examples and
took the worst aspects of each.

This is what I'm using to learn ReportLab, so I greatly appreciate the
insight.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerators(TM)