[reportlab-users] Tabular Form w/Platypus

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Oct 12 13:49:21 EDT 2007

I think you need to specify at least your first page. Otherwise the
document doesn't know what a page looks like. This is what my pages
look like:

def myFirstPage(self, canvas, doc):
canvas.saveState()
canvas.setFont('Times-Bold',16)
canvas.drawCentredString(self.PAGE_WIDTH/2.0,
self.PAGE_HEIGHT-108, self.context.title)
canvas.setFont('Times-Roman',9)
canvas.drawString(cm, 0.75 * cm, "First Page")
canvas.restoreState()

def myLaterPages(self, canvas, doc):
canvas.saveState()
canvas.setFont('Times-Roman',9)
canvas.drawString(cm, 0.75 * cm, 'CompanyName | %d' %
(doc.page))
canvas.restoreState()

And then I call...

doc.build(story, onFirstPage=self.myFirstPage,
onLaterPages=self.myLaterPages)

...but you could probably skip "def myLaterPages" and only write...

doc.build(story, onFirstPage=self.myFirstPage)

Mvh Sebastian