[reportlab-users] Tabular Form w/Platypus

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 12 13:35:40 EDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Sebastian Ware wrote:

> You can't just add text, you need to add flowables. Story is a list of

> flowables.

Sebastian,

Understand the concepts, still working on the implementation details.

> You would probably want to try story.append(Paragraph("Economic Component

> Pairs", normal))

OK.

> To learn more about how things work, take a look in the ReportLab User

> Guide and Graphics Guide. I learnt the basics there. Also, take a look at

> the tests. They aren't easy to comprehend, but do help if you have some

> patience

I've read the User Guide many times, looked at the tests, demos, and other
example data. Translating these different examples to my needs is where I
keep missing the point.

For example, in doctemplate.py, lines 950-951 are:

SimpleDocTemplate('doctemplate.pdf').build(objects_to_draw,
onFirstPage=myFirstPage,onLaterPages=myLaterPages)

I haven't defined myFirstPage and myLaterPages because these are one-page
reports. Leaving them out of the build arguments produces that string of
errors terminating in
AttributeError: 'function' object has no attribute 'getKeepWithNext'.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerators(TM)