[reportlab-users] Reportlab compiling in Linux

wayne allen scott wayne at wayne-scott.com
Wed May 2 14:03:58 EDT 2007

Hi David,

A few months ago I had issues with an installation of Reportlab as a
novice Linux user.

My problem was solved when I made sure that the entire Python package was
installed on the server. It took me several hours to track down the fact
that most default installations of Linux do not include the entire Python
package.

My problem was solved once I got Python fully installed.

If you are using SUSE Linux, tracking down what parts of Python are not
installed is easy using Yast. Otherwise, contact a user group for your
version Linux to find our how to tell if you have a full installation of
Python.

As a side note, I have found the documentation for Reportlab to be
excellent--especially considering the price I paid for the package ;-)

Wayne Scott