[reportlab-users] Reportlab compiling in Linux

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 2 09:22:17 EDT 2007

On Tue, 1 May 2007, David Frank wrote:

> I am trying to use reportlab on Linux on a 64-bit Xeon processor. My

> System Administrator was on vacation for 5 weeks. During this time I

> learnt the tutorial completely and also designed several graphics on

> various web-pages. Now, my System Adnib tried to compile the software and

> ended up with a lot of errors. He now tells me that it is not possible to

> use reportlab and wants me to change the software. He blames it on bad

> documentation.

David,

How many Python libraries do you have installed on your system(s)? The
reportlab download should be untarred in some directory, then a user with
root privileges types 'python setup.py install'. That automatically runs the
build routine, then installs the libraries where your python/site-packages/
directory is located.

Unlike an application written in C or C++. you don't need to follow the
five-step: untar, cd to that directory, ./configure, make, make install.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)