[reportlab-users] installation dir troubles

Frederik Himpe fhimpe at telenet.be
Tue Jun 26 17:06:18 EDT 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:09:34 +0000, Robin Becker wrote:

> Frederik Himpe wrote:

>> I am trying to create a reportlab 2.1 RPM package for Mandriva, but I

>> encounter some troubles.

>> As python-reportlab is platform-independant, it should be installed in

>> /usr/lib/python2.5, even on x86_64 arch, where /usr/lib64/ is used.

>> Now when I run python-reportlab, the things which are byte-compiled are

>> indeed installed in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab. But

>> then it says

>> Running install_data

>> and it installs a bunch of files in /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/

>> reportlab, which is not consistent with the first location.

> I think this is something that John Lee did fairly recently in an

> attempt to clean up the setup.py script. The intention is that all the

> data files should be installed underneath the reportlab package area ie

> fonts/00readme.txt should end up as reportlab/fonts/00readme.txt.

> reportlab packages are supposed to end up in site-packages even on

> windows since about Python-2.0.

> Can you say exactly where reportlab/__init__.py ends up and where

> fonts/00readme.txt does. I would expect

> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab/__init__.py(c)

> +--/fonts/00readme.txt

> If you have a reportlab somewhere else that can certainly cause

> problems.

Here you can find the completel output of the build process:
http://artipc10.vub.ac.be/log.python-reportlab

It seems like it __init__.py(c) are put in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-
packages/reportlab, while fonts/00readme.txt gets installed in
/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/reportlab/demos/stdfonts

--
Frederik