[reportlab-users] Table column width - problem with >2 cols

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Fri Jan 26 13:58:03 EST 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 20:06, you wrote:

> > Is it possible at all to create internal link in platypus

> > environment? I know that canvas supports it but canvas is

> > not available in platypus context and not even always

> > in flowables.

> Flowables are decorated with the canvas at certain times. The canvas is

> available as self.canv in the draw, wrap and split methods (more recently we

> started adding ._frame). I think this daftness results from early python

> problems with memory being eaten up when circular loops are created so we

> avoided setting the top level contexts onto the children for fear of creating

> loops. The difficulty in general is that I can assemble the story elements long

> before the canvas even exists so its hard to ensure we always have the canvas

> and other contexts.

So that would mean that I need to implement an own
flowable for internal links? This because - for example
in Paragrap(), it only has its API which doesn't allow
manipulating canvas directly and it's inline markup doesn't seem
to have this internal link creation feature. Am I right?

Well, it would not make much sense anyway to add the support
into Paragraph as link would just jump from part of the document
to another and scrolling typically only happens vertically,
so it could very well be an own flowable.

Have you already implemented such, planned to do so or if someone
manages to do such beast, will you inlcude it to the distribution?
canvas.py seems to have bookmarkPage method and as it really doesn't
require much wrapping or splitting, it could be easy to do.

Tuju

--
Ajatteleva ihminen tarvitsee unta.