[reportlab-users] the ever growing PDF

dimitri pater dimitri.pater at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 06:13:02 EST 2007

Hi,
I have been working with Reportlab now for the 2 months and it is really
amazing. Big thanks to the developers of Reportlab!
I am working on an app that uses CherryPy (a HTTP framework), MySQL, PIL and
Reportlab. The user uses HTML forms to create reports in PDF and it all
works very nice. However when I create a PDF (calling the project_id as an
argument) for the second (and third and so on), within the same session, all
data is appended to the generated PDF (it grows and grows). This happens
also when I remove the PDF from the disk before generating the report for
the second time. Only when I start en stop the CP server process, this
doesn't happen. But that isn't very elegant (and I loose the session
info..).
Now, is there a way to 'reset' the PDF before it is generated.
I hope I am clear enough and if you need more info, just tell me

best regards,
Dimitri

--
---
You can't have everything. Where would you put it? -- Steven Wright